Alabama – Mobile County

This list is divided into six categories:

  • Emergency Services,
  • General Resources,
  • Children’s Services,
  • Domestic Violence Services,
  • Health Services,
  • Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services.

For additional resources, consult the lists for neighboring counties.


Alabama Marine Police
Phone: (251) 861-2882

Alabama Poison Center
“The Regional Poison Control Center at Children’s of Alabama has been serving the people of Alabama since 1958, offering free and confidential poison information and treatment recommendations to the public and health care providers 24 hours a day.”
Phone: 1 (800) 222-1222

Alabama State Troopers
Phone: (251) 275-3249

American Red Cross – Mobile, AL
Phone: (251) 544-6100

Mobile County Emergency Management
Phone: (251) 460-8000

Mobile County Emergency Medical Service
Phone: (251) 343-7131

Mobile County Sheriff’s Office
Phone: (251) 574-STAR
Front Desk: (251) 574-2423
Phone: (251) 574-7827
Pistol Permits: (251) 574-8694
Crime Tips: (251) 574-8633
Mobile Metro Jail: (251) 574-4702
Mobile Metro Barracks: (251) 574-2321
Visitation Appointment number: (251) 574-4734 or (251) 574-3388

Mobile Police Department
Emergency: 911
General Information: (251) 208-1700
Non-Emergency Phone: (251) 208-7211

National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
Hotline: 1- (800) 843-5678

US Coast Guard- Hazmat National Response Center
“Anyone witnessing an oil spill, chemical release, or maritime security incident should make a report.”
Phone: 1-(800) 424-8802


15 Place
“A day care center for the homeless. Services offered are: telephone use, a place to
receive mail, shower facilities, assistance from caseworkers, veteran’s assistance, a nurse,
and drug/alcohol treatment. Lunch is also served to any needy person.”
Phone: (251) 694-5061

Provides resources for health and human services.
Phone: Just dial 2-1-1 or 1-888-421-1266

Bay Area Food Bank, Inc.
“Feeding America member distributing food through charitable organizations in
Alabama, Florida and Mississippi Gulf Coast Counties and providing food to children in
enrichment programs.”
Main Branch (Theodore, AL): (251) 653-1617

Catholic Social Services of Mobile
“Pregnancy services, infant foster care, adoption and clinical counseling services.
Also crisis and emergency assistance, by way of food, clothing, furniture and financial
assistance for medicine, utilities, rent and transportation.”
Phone: (251) 434-1550

Epilepsy Foundation of Alabama
“Epilepsy consultation for clients and their families, client support services, community
and professional education, and camp.”
Phone: (251) 341-0170

Goodwill Easter Seals of the Gulf Coast
“Provides services to assist people with disabilities and others in need in obtaining
medical supplies and equipment, job readiness training and employment assistance,
adult education, camping and support groups. Also provide early intervention services,
inclusive child care centers and special education preschool programs for children.”
Phone: (251) 471-1581

Habitat for Humanity- South West Alabama
“A Christian housing ministry seeking to eliminate substandard housing by partnering
with the community to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action.”
Phone: (251) 476-7171

Housing First
“Coordinates community planning and develops the resources needed to address and
prevent homelessness; promotes public awareness and support for initiatives to end
homelessness; manages 19 projects that serve and house homeless citizens.”
Phone: (251) 450-3345

Legal Services Alabama
“Private, nonprofit law firm that provides legal assistance in certain civil
matters (not criminal matters) to people who have limited income, don’t own too
much property, and meet other requirements.”
Phone: (251) 433-6560

Lifelines Family Counseling Center
“Help for daily living problems – parenting, stress and financial stability. Also provides
consumer credit counseling and offers 24-hour rape crisis assistance.”
Phone: (251) 602-0909

Mobile ARC
“Provides training, supported employment, residential and other services for people
diagnosed with mental retardation.”
Phone: (251) 479-7409

Mobile Community Action
“Mobile Community Action provides various forms of assistance. Adult education, GED preparation, and various tutorial programs are offered. Head Start is provided for children 3-5 years old; this program provides not only education but meals, medical check-ups and health screenings for the children. Also provided are emergency food and prescription vouchers, clothing, and household items, emergency water assistance, weatherization, income tax preparation, and some transportation.”

– Prichard Office 457-5700 – Mt. Vernon Office 829-6362
– Maysville Office 476-6425 – Citronelle Office 866-7386
– Hillsdale Office 343-3351 – Wilmer Office 645-5266
– Toulminville Office 457-9883 – Irvington Office 957-6722

Mobile Housing Board
Services include public housing, financial counseling, education programs, daycare, and
after-school care. In addition to providing public housing to those who qualify.
Phone: (251) 434-2200

Mulherin Custodial Home
“24-hour residential facility serving individuals with developmental disabilities in a
loving homelike atmosphere where quality of life is promoted.”
Phone: (251) 471-1998

Salvation Army – Mobile
“Food, shelter, clothing and emergency assistance are provided to those in need. A
comprehensive drug alcohol rehabilitation program and pre-employment training to move
people from homelessness to independence are among the Salvation Army’s services.”
Phone: (251) 438-1625

Sickle Cell Disease Association of America, Mobile Chapter
“A community service organization providing sickle cell education, testing, counseling,
support, information and referral.”
Phone: (251) 432-0301

South Alabama Area Agency on Aging
“Provides various services for senior citizens and some help for their caregivers. Over
20 sites provide activities and midday meals for active seniors, and home-delivered meals
for the homebound. There is a health insurance program, help for Medicaid recipients,
and help for seniors applying for pharmaceutical (drug) assistance programs. There
are other services for the elderly including: legal counseling, transportation, health
promotion, charitable pharmacies, recreational programs, and more.”
Phone: (251) 433-6541

South Alabama CARES
“Provides support, assistance and education to people affected by HIV/AIDS and
prevention education to southwest Alabama.”
Phone: (251) 471-5277

South Alabama Volunteer Lawyers Program
“Provides free legal services in certain civil matters to the indigent population of Mobile
Phone: (251) 438-1102

United Cerebral Palsy of Mobile
“Services for people with disabilities: early intervention, pre-school, respite, supported
employment, therapy, parent support, Project Success and camp.”
Phone: (251) 479-4900

Via! Senior Citizens Services
“Offers a variety of opportunities for adults including a fitness center, health education
clinics, continuous learning classes and family recreational activities. A vital community
resource offering homecare services, emergency assistance, case management,
transportation, and an adult day care program, as well as a community information and
resource center.”
Phone: (251) 478-3311

Volunteers of America
“Help the developmentally disabled, children, the hearing impaired, homeless,
chronically ill, individuals with HIV, families and other community needs.”
Phone: (251) 300-3500

County Office
“The most accurate internet database of county government offices in the United States. Use our website to locate you county assessor, board of elections, chamber of commerce, child support offices, colleges, coroners, courts, and much more, with all relevant details.”


Alabama Department of Human Resources -Family and Children Services

Child Abuse Neglect Reporting (251) 450-7018
Child Support (251) 450-7300 (option 1)
Child Welfare (251) 450-7000 (option 4)

Healthcare coverage for children and teens.
Phone: 1 (888) 373-5437

Boy Scouts of America – Mobile Area Council
“Serve others by instilling values in young people and preparing them to make ethical
choices over their lifetime in achieving full potential.”
Phone: (251) 476-4600

Boys & Girls Club of South Alabama
“Year-round youth development programs to enhance the lives of children ages 6-18
promoting leadership, character, health, the arts and education.”
Phone: (251) 432-1235

Cody Road Boys & Girls Club
Telephone: 251.343.4320
Semmes Boys & Girls Club
Telephone: 251.645.9027
Kiwanis Boys & Girls Club
Telephone: 251.478.7811
Mobile Optimist Boys & Girls Club
Telephone: 251.438.5111
Roger Williams Boys & Girls Club
Telephone: 251.470.8992
Sonny Callahan Boys & Girls Club
Telephone: 251.653.1188

CASA Mobile
“Trained volunteers, appointed by a judge, speak for abused and neglected children in
Phone: (251) 574-5277

Child Advocacy Center
“Serves as the community response for coordinating services and interventions in cases
of sexual and severe physical abuse of children. ‘Under one Roof’ 28 professionals from
7 different agencies work as a team in a child friendly facility.”
Phone: (251) 432-1101

Child Care South
“Child Care South offers reasonably priced childcare. To be eligible for this
service, the low income parent must be employed and/or enrolled in school. For
more information and to determine if you meet these requirements, examine the
pamphlet that is available from Child Care South.”
Phone: (251) 433-2878

Child Day Care Association
“Provide quality childcare at affordable prices. Develop habits, values and attitudes that
will ensure living in our society.”
Phone: (251) 433-1310

Crittenton Youth Services
“Free family support services; information for parents and teens, abstinence/risk behavior
education for youth 10-19, promoting health and safety, now and in the future. ”
Phone: (251) 639-0004

Dearborn YMCA
“Main programs are childcare with daycare, after school and summer camp. Also
provides senior citizens with hot meals.”
Phone: (251) 432-4768

Dumas Wesley Community Center
“Daycare, youth and recreation programs, services for elderly, neighborhood
development, emergency services and transitional housing for homeless women.”
Phone: (251) 479-0649

Girl Scouts of Southern Alabama
“Youth leadership, recreational activities and character-building programs.”
Phone: (251) 344-3330

GRCMA Early Childhood Directions
“Childcare financial assistance and referral services for families, childcare/parenting
programs, lending library, resource center and mobile classroom.”
Phone: (251) 473-1060

Mobile County Public Schools

Preschool for the Sensory Impaired
“Preschool and home intervention for children, birth to 5-years-old, who are hearing or
vision impaired.”
Phone: (251) 433-1234

St. Mary’s Home
“Alabama’s oldest child welfare agency, providing a continuum of residential care and
community based services for children who have being abused or neglected or who are
Phone: (251) 344-7733

Team Focus
“Programs include: tutorials, a mentoring program, a Saturday morning program,
a summer program, and scholarship opportunities. These programs are free to
boys who do not have a father figure.”
Phone: (251) 635-1515

Wilmer Hall Children’s Home
“Wilmer Hall provides a long term residential home for children who cannot live with
their natural parent. At the age of 18, children may live in the transitional living program,
located on the Wilmer Hall Campus.”
Phone: (251) 342-4931


Alabama Coalition Against Domestic Violence
Phone, Hotline: (800) 650-6522

Penelope House Family Violence Center
“Provides safety, protection, and support to victims of domestic violence and their
children through the provision of shelter, court advocacy, school based prevention
education, transitional housing, and individual and community education.”
Phone: (251) 342-2809

Penelope’s Closet
Phone: (251) 450-1200
Penelope House clients can also obtain needed clothing and other necessities at no cost.

Sybil Smith Family Village
“The Sybil H. Smith Family Village transitional housing program seeks to help families experiencing homelessness establish and maintain self-sufficiency.”
Phone: (251) 473-5526


Community Services for Vision
“We see people with any eye condition, of any age, and with or without insurance coverage.”
Phone: (251) 476-4744

Community Service Program – Help with Health Issues:
A.I.D.S. Alabama South: (251) 471-5277
A.I.D.S / HIV Hotlines 1-800-228-0469 (Alabama)
Alabama Medicaid Agency 334-242-5000 or 1-800-362-1504
Alzheimer’s Association 1-800-272-3900
American Cancer Society (251) 621-7996 or 1-800-227-2345
American Diabetes Association 1-800-342-2383
American Heart Association (251) 461-4000
American Lung Association 1-800-548-8252
Arthritis Foundation 1-800-879-7896 or 1-800-283-7800
Community AIDS Resources, Education & Support (251) 471-5277
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (251) 436-0013 or 1-800-344-4823
Easter Seals 471-1581 or 1-800-411-0068 or 1-800-221-6827
Epilepsy Foundation 341-0170 or 1-800-626-1582 or 1-800-332-1000
Healthy Beginnings 1-888-942-4673 or 1-888-WIC-HOPE
March of Dimes (birth defects) (251) 438-1360 or 205-824-0103
Medicare C+ 1-800-292-8855
Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation 1-877-END-MESO
Mesothelioma Center 1-800-615-2270
Mesothelioma Guide 1-888-572-9011
Mesothelioma Specialists 1-800-210-7617
Mobile Association for the Blind (251) 473-3585 or 1-877-295-5463
Multiple Sclerosis Foundation 1-888-MSFOCUS
Muscular Dystrophy Association 334-396-4534 or 1-800-572-1717
National Cancer Institute 1-800-4-CANCER
National Kidney Foundation 1-800-622-9010 or 1-800-633-2339
Ozanam Charitable Pharmacy (prescription assistance) (251) 432-4111
Partnership for Prescription Assistance 1-888-477-2669
Prostate Cancer Education & Support (USToo!) 1-800-808-7866
Sickle Cell Center (Univ. of South Ala.) (251) 470-5890
Stuttering Foundation of America (Espanol) 1-800-992-9392
United Cerebral Palsy (251) 479-4900
Zero-The Project to End Prostate Cancer 888-245-9455

Franklin Primary Health Center
“Offers comprehensive and affordable primary healthcare services for the entire family.
Also, provides free healthcare to area’s homeless.”
Phone: (251) 432-4117

Mobile County Health Department
Phone: (251) 690-8158

Mobile County Health Dept. Contact information:
Appointments (251) 690-8889 Optometry (251) 690-8139
Adult Clinic (251) 690-8158 Personnel Division (251) 690-8815
Aura Wellness Center (251) 690-7757 Pharmacy (251) 690-8817
Children’s Medical Services (251) 690-8158 Rabies Office/Animal Bites (251) 690-8868
Children’s Dental Clinic (251) 690-8158 Sewage & Plumbing (251) 634-9801
Epidemiology (251) 690-8137 Social Services (251) 690-8981
Food & Lodging Inspections (251) 690-8116 STD Clinic (251) 690-8153
Food Handler Classes (251) 690-8149 TEEN Center (251) 694-3954
HIV/AIDS Control (251) 690-8167 Tobacco Control (251) 690-8824
Human Resources (251) 690-8815 Tuberculosis (251) 690-8142
Immunization (251) 690-8821 Vector Control (251) 690-8124
Interviews/Media Requests (251) 690-8823 Vital Records (Birth, Death, Marriage & Divorce Records) (251) 690-8150
Mobile Home Health Services 251-690-8130 W.I.C. (251) 690-8829
Nutrition Services (251) 690-8805 Women’s Clinic (251) 690-8935
Other clinic sites:
•Citronelle Clinic (251) 866-9126
•Eight Mile Clinic (251) 456-1399
•Newburn Clinic (251) 405-4525
•North Mobile Health Center (251) 829-9884
•School-Based Clinic (251) 456-2276
•Semmes Clinic (251) 445-0582
•Southwest Mobile Health Center (251) 666-7413

Mostellar Medical Clinic
“Provides health and dental services to low income clients. Medicaid accepted.”
Phone: (251) 824-2174

Ozanam Charitable Pharmacy
Phone: (251) 432-4111

Victory Health Partners
“Provides quality, affordable medical and dental care to low income, uninsured adults.
Services include routine medical and dental care, pulmonary clinic, x-rays, laboratory
tests, counseling and a dispensary program offering prescription medications for a low
annual fee.”
Phone: (251) 460-0999
Dental Clinic: (251) 445-0611

Rheumatoid Arthritis
“The Rheumatoid Arthritis Support Network (RASN) is dedicated to providing up-to-date information and resources for rheumatoid arthritis patients. Our goal is simple. We want RA patients to know their options and fully understand their diagnosis. You can take steps, right now, to improve symptoms and your quality of life.”
Phone: 1(800) 405-4043


AltaPointe Health Systems
“A regional, comprehensive mental health/ behavioral healthcare system offering
psychiatric inpatient, outpatient and residential services for children, adolescents, adults
and senior adults; outpatient substance abuse services, medicated assisted treatment and
HIV/substance abuse services for adults.”
Phone: (251) 450-2211

AltaPointe Health System Programs:

Children’s Services:
Phone: (251) 990-4194

Case Management Services
For patients with severe and persistent mental illness requiring a variety of services within the AltaPointe system and externally from various community resources
Children’s Day Treatment – Mobile County
For severely emotionally disturbed students enrolled in grades 1-8 of the Mobile County Public School System
In-Home Family Intervention Program
For children in significant emotion distress and at risk for out-of-home placement due to the severity of their situation
Project Achieve
For children ages 10 to 17 who have been diagnosed with mental illness and intellectual disability
Reaching & Encouraging Active Parenting – REAP
AltaPointe’s program for educating parents
School-Based Therapy
AltaPointe offers school-based therapy services in some area public schools as well as a summer day treatment program on the BayPointe Children’s Hospital campus.
Therapy & Psychiatric Services
For children ages 4 to 18 exhibiting one or more of a broad range of mental health deficiencies

Adult Services:

Assertive Community Treatment – ACT
For patients with severe mental illness and other significant impairments which prevent typical outpatient treatment.
Bridge Team
For patients needing short-term intensive treatment after discharge from a psychiatric hospital and for patients at risk for hospitalization or who have left a supervised setting against advice.
Case Management
For patients with severe and persistent mental illness requiring a variety of services within the AltaPointe system and from various community resources.
Developmental Disability Case Management
For mentally ill individuals who are developmentally disabled as defined by the Alabama Department of Mental Health.
Homeless Housing Programs
For severely mentally ill homeless individuals who desire housing and need AltaPointe and community support services.
Intensive Day Treatment
For patients newly diagnosed with mental illness who need therapy, mental illness education, skills development and connection to community resources.
Jail Diversion
For patients with a severe mental illness who have recently been incarcerated on a misdemeanor criminal charge.
Rehabilitative Day Program
For stable patients focused on achieving personal recovery goals.
Supported Employment
For stable, compliant patients who desire to gain and retain employment.
Supported Housing
For patients with basic life skills and can live independently with ongoing support.

Drug Education Council
“Provides education, intervention, counseling and alternative programs for youth and
families. Public awareness and community educational programs. Leads the Community
Task Forces on Underage Drinking, Marijuana, and Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder.”
Phone: (251) 478-7855

Emma’s Harvest Home
“Residential rehabilitation facility that provides affordable substance abuse treatment for
women ages 19 and older.”
Phone: (251) 478-8768

Home of Grace for Women
“Residential recovery services for alcohol and drug addicted women 18 and up, expectant
mothers and their newborns.”
Phone: (251) 456-7807

Serenity Care
“Provides a structured living environment for men with substance abuse problems.
Services include self-help recovery meetings, job assistance, transportation to medical
and other social service appointments.”
Phone: (251) 635-1942
“ was founded in 2011 with two goals in mind: to provide information for those suffering with substance abuse and behavioral addictions – either personally or through loved ones – and to connect those people with the treatment programs that can help them.”
Phone: 1(888) 823-3169